Aanderaa Wave and Tide Sensors are compact fully integrated sensor for measuring the wave and tide conditions designed to be mounted on the Aanderaa multiparameter SeaGuard Platform or via cable connected to SmartGuard datalogger.
Wave & Tide Sensor 5218/5218R are compact fully integrated sensors for measuring the wave and/or tide conditions. The sensor is designed to be mounted on the Aanderaa SEAGUARD® Platform or via cable connected to SmartGuard Datalogger. The sensor may also be used as stand alone with RS-232 output. The 5218R sensor is designed for use with long cables by means of an RS- 422 full duplex interface. The R-version can not be used in SeaGuard applications.
The sensor is also available in a vented version. This means that the sensor is automatically compensated for air pressure. This is done by use of a compensating unit placed in air and an air-pipe in the cable between the sensor and compensating unit.
The sensor application areas are in fixed installations, either deployed in a seabed installation in shallow waters, or mounted onto a fixed structure in the upper water column. Typical applications for the sensor are measurements of tide and wave in ports and harbors, marine operations, weather forecast, and climate studies.
- Smart Sensor technology Plug and Play
- Sensor Calibration coefficients are stored in the sensor
- Minimal and simple maintenance needs
- Low current drain
- Power: 5 to 14VDC, 50mA max
- Output formats: AiCaP CANbus, RS-232/RS-422
- Short update interval: 1 seconds to 255 minutes
- 2Hz and 4Hz sampling frequency
- New updated wave parameters every 1 second
- 256, 512, 1024 & 2048 samples
- Outputs: Pressure, Temperature, Tide pressure, Tide Level, Significant wave height, Maximum wave height, Mean Periode, Mean Zerocrossing Periode, Energy Periode, Steepness, Irregularity of sea state, Cut-off frequency, Pressure time series, Last pressure sample index, Wave spectrum
- Real-time XML output
- Measurement range: 400kPa, 1000kPa
- Max operating depth: 30m, 90m
- Compensate for air pressure
- Measurement range: 50kPa, 100kPa
- Max operating depth: 5m, 10m