MagFlux® Flowmeters are developed for measurements in all types of conductive liquids, including measurement of flow in drinking water, wastewater, sludge and process water. MagFlux Flowmeters are manufactured with carbon steel and stainless steel for flange or wafer connections and lining in hard or soft rubber and PTFE/PFA.
MagFlux® Flowmeters are designed with the latest microprocessor technology to ensure accurate measurements.
The Display is unique in its design in which it can be mounted in three different ways: locally on the sensor, remotely on a wall or mounted in a panel door. Furthermore, a single Display can operate up to 4 Flow Converters and Sensors.
MagFlux® Flowmeter has a very userfriendly menu structure with all instructions in clear text - no symbols or codes are used.
MagFlux® Flowmeters, Converters and Displays are supplied with a technically advanced enclosure made of glass reinforced polycarbonate giving maximum protection against harsh industrial environments.
MID Certified sensors from DN 25 to 400
Advantages using MagFlux® Flowmeters
- 0.25% accuracy
- Velocity range fro 0.2 - 10 m/s / 0.6 - 30 ft./s
- DN15 to DN1400 / ½" to 54"
- Remote display up to 1,000 m from sensor
- IP67 or IP68 / NEMA 4, NEMA 6P
- Selectable flow direction
- Built-in data logger with graph
- Network capable
Using a basic rule of the electro physics
MagFlux® electromagnetic flow meters are using one of the basic rules of the electro physics for measurement.
MagFlux® measures the velocity of the fluid through the flow sensor. Since the sensor is manufactured as a pipe, it is easy to calculate the flow when the dimension of the pipe is known
Q = (DN/2)2 x π x v , where
Q is the flow rate DN is the pipe inner diameter π is 3.14 V Is the velocity the fluid moves through the pipe
- Dimensions from 15mm to 1400mm / ½" to 54" as standard - other dimensions on request
- MagFlux® Flow sensor are in carbon or stainless steel with lining in hard rubber or PTFE/PFA
- The converter can be delivered with or without display
- One single Display can operate up to 4 MagFlux® Flowmeters
- Modbus communication is utilized between the Display and the flow Converter and to other external devices.
- Built-in datalogger with graphic display
- Simple and flat menu structure with easy navigation
- Large dynamic measuring range with an accuracy of up to 0,2% of the measurement range
- User definable engineering units
- 4-20 mA output for flow in one or both directions
- Counters and pulse output with or without reset
- Detection of empty pipe
- Two dynamic batch counters with password protection
- Self diagnosis with indication and logging of errors
- Automatic electrode cleaning
- PC or keypad programmable and PC storage of settings and log data
- MagFlux® Flow sensors withstands submersion down to 10 m / 30 ft. static pressure
MagFlux® Electrode materials
- 0: Steel 1.4571 / SS 316 TI. Standard
- 1: Hastelloy C
- 2: Titanium
- 3: Platinium
|Enclosure rating||Dust- and waterproof IP 67, NEMA 6 (when mounted on Converter)|
|Housing material||Polycarbonate, glass reinforced|
|Protection lid||Transparent polycarbonate|
|Display||White backlit LCD-display (64 x 128 pixels) with softkeys|
|Indication||Indication of flow, flow direction, volume, totalizers, configuration and graph|
|Clock||Real-time clock with built-in battery backup|
|Communication||MODBUS® RTU-mode, 9600 baud, 2-wire RS 485, master-mode|
|Temperature range||- 20 … 60 °C|
|Accuracy||+/- 0,1% of reading|
|Measuring range||Min. range = 0 - 0,2 m/s Max. range = 0 - 10 m/s|
|Min. liquid conductivity||≥ 5 mS|
|Analog output||One active 4 - 20 mA, galvanically isolated (max. load 800 Ω)|
|Digital outputs||One voltage-free electromechanical relay (max. 50 V DC / 1 A) One optically isolated MOSFET relay (max. 50 VAC / V DC / 120 mA) programmable for: totalizer counter, batch counter, high/low flow, system error, empty pipe and flow direction.|
|Digital inputs||One, max. 30 V DC, < 5 V DC = 0 (low), > 10 V DC = 1 (high), pulse length > 100 ms|
|Cabinet materia||Polycarbonate, glass reinforced|
|Temperature range||- 20 … 60 °C|