Introducing the RS5, the latest addition to the award-winning RiverSurveyor® family of discharge instruments. Good things really do come in small packages!
The RS5 system fits in the palm of your hand and includes everything you need to make a discharge measurement. Get the package that includes the HydroBoardII Micro and you’ll have everything you need for the fastest, high-quality measurement possible. It is the smallest and lightest complete ADCP solution for moving boat discharge measurement available. Simply fold the GNSS/antenna mast and pop the RS5 and board into the custom designed backpack for easy transportation and minimal re-assembly between sites.
The RS5 includes SonTek’s proprietary SmartPulse+ which incorporates Broadband and Pulse-coherent acoustic processing methods. This algorithm automatically determines the best measurement methodology based on environmental conditions and adjusts instrument settings so the user doesn’t have to, ensuring the most accurate and user-friendly data collection possible.
For a streamlined experience, batteries and Bluetooth radio are housed in the RS5, which means there is no need to connect to external electronics boxes. Rely on an integrated, modern, high speed, and low power wireless Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE5) radio, with 100m range and five-minute data buffer to prevent data loss and redundant work.
Learn more about what makes RS5 a step above the rest! Download the brochure for a complete listing of special features.
● Vertical acoustic beam: Superior channel definition for the most accurate channel cross-sectional area, for discharge applications. Measures the depth directly under the system and extends maximum discharge depth if bottom-tracking is out of range.
● SmartPulse+®: An intelligent algorithm utilizing Pulse-coherent and Broadband acoustic profiling that automatically adjusts based on conditions. Reliable bottom tracking and velocity profiling through a wide range of conditions and shallower than ever before. Visualize velocity data like never before with cell sizes down to 2.5 cm.
● 360º compass and two-axis tilt sensor: Comes standard on the RS5 unit. Reports vessel heading, magnetic error and compensates for motion due to surface conditions.
● Bottom-tracking: Acoustically track vessel speed over ground independent of DGNSS. Also supplies secondary depth measurement.
● RTK GPS (Coming Soon!): Ultra precise positioning as an alternative to bottom tracking in moving bed or other difficult situations.
● DGNSS (Option): Integrated DGNSS smart antenna for position as a backup or alternative to bottom tracking in moving bed or other difficult conditions. Geolocate each sample (or ensemble) during measurement. Utilizes multiple constellations for increased global precision (GPS, SBAS, GLONASS, BeiDou, GALILEO, QZSS).
|Water Velocity Profiling||Profiling Range||0.1-6 m (*1)|
|Velocity Range||±5 m/s|
|Accuracy (*2)||1% ±0.002 m/s|
|Number of Cells||Up to 128|
|Cell Size||2.5-30 cm|
|Data Output Rate||1.0 Hz|
|Bottom Tracking||Depth Range||0.1-6 m (*1)|
|Accuracy||1% ± 0.002 m/s|
|Depth Measurement||Range||0.1-6 m (*1)|
|Accuracy||1% ±0.005 m|
|Sensors||Temperature Sensors||Resolution: ±0.01°C
|Compass/Tilt Sensor||Range: ±180° Pitch/Roll, 0-360°
Heading Accuracy: ±2°
Pitch/Roll Accuracy: ±1°
|Transducers||Total Number||Five, 3.0 Mhz|
|Battery Characteristics||Input Voltage||3.3-4.2 VDC|
|Power Source - Li-Ion||1x size 18650, Tenergy, Type 30016-04, 3.7Vdc, 2600mAh|
|Battery Life - 1 x size 18650||Seven hours continuous use, typical settings (*3)|
|Power Consumption||1.0 W (Average)|
|Dimensions||19.2 mm x 69.7 mm|
|Communications||Radio Protocol||Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE5)|
|Range||100 m (*4)|
|Bluetooth Compliance||FCC Part 15, FCC ID: XPYNINAB30
ISED Certification: 8595A-NINAB30
|Environmental||Operation Temperature||-5° to 45°C (23°F to 113°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20° to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)|
|Storage with Battery Temperature (*5)||-20° to 45°C (-4°F to 113°F)|
|RS5 Physical Properties||Dimensions - HBII Micro||76 cm (30”) x 50 cm (20”) x 11cm (4.25”)|
|Dimensions - RS5 Unit||24 cm (9.5”) x 5 cm (2.2”)|
|Weight in Air - RS5 Unit||0.45 kg (1.0 lbs)|
|Weight in Water - RS5 Unit||0.15 kg (0.33 lbs)|
|Weight in Air - RS5/HBII Micro/Geode||3.63 kg (8.0 lbs)|
|Waterproof Rating||3.63 kg (8.0 lbs)|
|DGNSS||Horizontal RMS||SBAS (WAAS): <0.3 m (0.98 ft)|
|2DRMS||SBAS (WAAS): <0.6 m (1.96 ft)|
1 Maximum range will vary with environmental conditions.
2 Bottom velocity accuracy.
3 Seven hours continuous use, typical settings.
4 When using provided SonTek USB radio with antenna.
5 Remove batteries from the RS5 if storage temperatures exceed the storage temperature of the Li-Ion battery.