Product discontinued. Please refer to other Velocity & Flow Meters.
The SonTek 16-MHz MicroADV (Acoustic Doppler Velocimeter) is the most significant breakthrough in 3-axis (3D) current meter technology since the original SonTek ADV. The original SonTek ADV has compared favorably with Laser systems costing ten times as much — the MicroADV fares even better. The higher acoustical frequency of 16 MHz makes the MicroADV the optimal instrument for laboratory work. Like all SonTek instruments, the MicroADV is extremely simple to set up and use. Most users are taking high-quality data within minutes of receiving the system.
Boasting a sampling volume of less than 0.09cc and sampling rates up to 50 Hz, the 16-MHz MicroADV is an ideal laboratory instrument for low flow and turbulence studies.
- Three-axis velocity measurement
- Sensor mounted on a 25cm stem
- High sampling rates — up to 50 Hz
- Small sampling volume — less than 0.1 cm3
- High accuracy: 1% of measured range
- Large velocity range: 1 mm/s to 2.5 m/s
- Excellent low-flow performance
- No recalibration needed
- Comprehensive software, including HorizonADV
- Proven SonTek reliability
- Sensor mounted on a 40cm stem or 100cm cable
- Analog outputs
- Analog input module for synchronizing external sensors
- Compass/Tilt Sensor
- Pressure Sensor (Frequency–RPT or Paroscientific)
- Several probe configurations available
Available in both laboratory and field-ruggedized configurations, the ADV has proven its versatility and reliability in a wide variety of applications.
|Sampling Rate||0.1 to 50 Hz|
|Sampling Volume||0.09 cc|
|Distance to Sampling Volume||5 cm|
|Programmed Velocity Range||3, 10, 30, 100, 250 cm/s|
|Accuracy||1% of measured velocity, 0.25 cm/s|
|Maximum Depth||60 m|
|Compass/Tilt Sensor — Heading, Pitch, Roll Resolution||0.1°|
|Compass/Tilt Sensor — Heading Accuracy||±2°|
|Compass/Tilt Sensor — Pitch, Roll Accuracy||±1°|
|Pressure Sensor Strain Gauge - Accuracy||0.1%|
|Resonance Pressure Transducer (RPT) - Accuracy||0.01%|
|Input Power||12-24 VDC|
|Typical Power Consumption||2.5 to 4.0 W Operating | <1mW Sleep|