Designed with simplicity in mind, the Amazon bubbler is the ideal system for long-term, water level monitoring sites. It can be used as a stand-alone system with internal data storage, or as a sensor connected to any manufacturers data logger. Easily configure and collect data using the browser-based graphical user interface with all standard web browsers on PCs, tablets and smart phones. It's rugged build, and technologically advanced system makes the Amazon Bubbler an attractive solution for real-time monitoring and data collection.
The Amazon provides a continuous air bubble and an integrated pressure sensor that measures the pressure required to push the bubble out of the orifice line, which is the line pressure. The line pressure value measured in psi is then converted into the desired units of measurement to represent water level.
The Amazon can be used as a stand-alone unit or sensor with a full suite of communication protocols including SDI-12, MODBUS via RS-485 or TCP, and 4-20mA. The Amazon requires no special software and is easily configured with an optional display and or web browser GUI. YSI's water level team of professionals have been providing bubbler support for over 20 years.
Key features unique to the Amazon Bubbler System:
- Stand Alone System - The Amazon can be used as a sensor connected to other recorder devises; data logger, PLC, RTU, etc. However, at a substantial cost savings, it can also be used as a stand-alone device, eliminating the need of an external recording device. Data values recorded by the Amazon can be copied directly to a USB Flash Drive and imported to the PC.
- Browser Based Software - The Amazon's initiative, easy to use software is browser based, which eliminates the need for proprietary software being installed on the PC. Access the Amazon software from any internet device that has Wi-Fi or USB connection functionality.
- Key Pad Display - As an optional interface, the Amazon uses a Sharp® Memory LCD display. This provides the convenience of continuous display of data with the cost savings of low power usage. The display is provided as an option to the Amazon. For applications where an external display is not required, the Amazon can be purchased without the display.
- Communication - Multiple communication options are available to insure that the Amazon can interface with any data logger, PLC, or RTU. These options include; SDI-12, MODBUS (over IP or RS-485), and 4 to 20 mA. Via the Ethernet port, the Amazon can push data over the internet directly to Storm Central, our data hosting solution.
- Measurement Range - Three range options are available to provide the highest measurement accuracy. With an industry leading accuracy of 0.02% of Full Scale; the 0 to 10 m range provides an accuracy of ±2 mm, the 0 to 20 m range has an accuracy of ±4.25 mm, and the 0 to 35 m range has an accuracy of ±7 mm.
|Accuracy||Pressure: Less than or equal to 0.02% of full scale output (FSO) over temperature range|
|Pressure Hysteresis: Less than 0.01% of FSO|
|Linearity: Less than 0.02% deviation|
|Temperature: Internal ±1° C over temperature range|
|Long-term Stability: Drift is less than ±0.05% of FSO per year|
|Autostable||Drift is less than ±0.05% of FSO per year|
|Bubbler Gas Delivery||Gas Flow Technology: Constant mass Technology|
|Gas Flow Control: Bubble rate is user programmable from 30 to 120 bubbles per minute based on 1/4 in. (6.35 mm) tubing.|
|Compressor||Piston Compressor, Low duty cycle (15 hours typical runtime per year at 60 bubbles per minute into 12 ft. (3.65 m) (purges not included)|
|Connectivity / Communications||SDI-12, RS-485, 4-20mA Output, *Cell modem is currently under development|
|Connector||Quick Connect Phoenix Connectors; 2-position quick connect for power, 5-position quick connect for SDI-12, 4 to 20mA, and RS-485; Pressure Inlet: 1/8” (3.81 cm) female NPT|
|Material||Housing: Aluminum, Atmospheric Vent: Sintered bronze, #10-32|
|Measurement Range||0 to 15 PSI: Depth - 0 to 34.6 ft (10.54 m), Accuracy - ±0.007 ft (2.1 mm)|
|0 to 30 PSI: Depth - 0 to 69.20 ft (21 m), Accuracy - ±0.014 ft (4.26 mm)|
|0 to 50 PSI: Depth - 0 to 115.34 ft (35.15 m), Accuracy - ±0.02333 ft (7.11mm)|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +60° C|
|Power||10.0 to 16.5 V DC|
|Purge Functions||Purge Pressure Level: User Selectable 30 PSI to 90 PSI; Options: Manual, SDI driven purge, Purge sustain option (10-30S), Automatic/programmable|
|Resolution||Pressure and Temperature: 1 part in 1,000,000 (0.0001%)|
|Size||12.25 in. L x 8.75 in. W x 5.75 in. H 311.15 mm L x 222.25 mm W x 146.05 mm H; Weight: 12.0 lbs (5.44kg)|
|Storage Temperature||-60° to + 80° C|